I am looking for no/low-carb recipes. Unfortunately, I find a lot of baloney on the web like people thinking that they are living healthy by eating no carbs, but large amounts of cheese, crème and fruits instead…
The basic idea is to have a meal out of the following components:
- Up to 150mg lean meat or 150mg tofu or 1,5% yoghurt or something out of the same dairy-protein group like eggs or really small amounts of low-fat cheese
- Vegetables and/or mushrooms
- No or only little amount of carbohydrates (e.g. not more than a 50g slice of bread per day)
- As less calories as possible since I want to stay under 1000kcal per day together with the two protein shakes I can drink
Spices and other components are possible depending on what it is.
This is what I will be eating per day for the next months or even years. So I would like variety and I would like to eat something tasty.
I have some restrictions:
- No sea food (I can eat fish only in rare cases), pork, veal
- I don’t like spinach, pumpkins, squash, zucchini, artichokes, eggplant, fennel
- I have developed a lactose intolerance during my last fasting :laa:, I will not totally give up all milk products, but I can’t have to much of it
- Whatever it is, it should be somewhat saturating
- I am not a large friend of 100% crudités, but as side dish and salads with the right dressing are ok
- this is an expensive life style, so it would be nice if things stay as cheap as possible
BACKGROUND (only read if interested, otherwise I would be thankful enough for some recipes
You may or may not know that I am trying to lose weight. Since 5 years I cut the amount of food I eat in half and reduced carbohydrates, fat, sugar tremendously. Since over 2 years I do at least 30min sports (bike, swimming, workouts) a day (6days a week). Since August I am consulting a nutritionist. Still that was not enough to lose weight until I had a two-week-fasting this month during which I finally lost 3kg.
I would like to keep it that way and continue to lose more weight. The plan is that drink a protein shake in the morning and in the evening, but for lunch I can have real food. This will be going on for a long time, but I want to keep a healthy life style and not regain lost weight.
Overall that is very frustrating since I hardly get any support from anybody with this! And you might have realised I am not a happy person overall, so this is just another slap in the face.
I am very steadfast about keeping my diet this way. I even have a bag full of sweets right next to me, but don’t feel tempted to eat that stuff. Still, I don’t want to be constantly frustrated over food and eating, so it would be nice to have variety and things I enjoy to eat instead of having to force things into me.
Now also being lactose intolerant screwed up things even more. Yoghurt is one of my favorite foods
. One thing the intolerance causes is high stomach acid. It is not helpful that carbohydrates are usually the element that reduce acid
. Not being able to eat that means I have to watch out I don’t screw up my stomach with milk products or other things.
The entire food topic sucks for me, because there are a bunch of things I would love to eat, but know I should not touch. Other people will never have to think about these issues, because they have a normally working metabolism. I don’t and it is frustrating to restrict oneself that much while everybody else is eating way larger amounts and way yummier foods.